International English Teaching Position
Seeking experienced teachers to use exciting new technology for real-time distance learning for students in China.
One-of-a-kind opportunity to connect internationally using technology that allows teachers to teach from home creating distance classrooms in real-time. This is LIVE instruction. (An equipped teaching space is also available.)
Hours are non-traditional because of time differences so easy to add to your schedule. Teaching hours are generally during early morning, early evening or during the weekend.
- Curriculum: Phonics and REACH
- Online textbooks with already prepared power points, quizzes and tests
- Student Ages: 6-9
- Class size: 4-12 students
- Basic experience with technology and basic trouble shooting skills
- 1 year of experience teaching
- Experience working with young learners ages 6 to 9
- Teaching license or certificate
- 2-3 years’ experience teaching
- 1 year of experience teaching phonics
- Knowledge of Chinese culture
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience incorporating technology in the classroom
The teacher will use PowerPoint’s and online textbooks in conjunction with supplemental materials and live instructional activities to meet the needs of students in China. He/she will need to feel comfortable using the Cisco system and utilize online resources for live, online instruction. He/she will also need to be culturally sensitive and accommodating.
This Phonics course is intended to expose young Chinese students to the English language, culture and activities in an “American Classroom” with “American style” of teaching all while increasing students’ confidence and English Language skills.
Goals and values:
Through this program, students will be better prepared to have accurate pronunciation and will become familiar with American classroom expectations, styles, and critical thinking activities that are different from the direct instruction (high emphasis on memorization) activities they have experienced in the past.
- $20-25 per hour
Click here to fill out application, including the information below.
- Teaching license or certificate information if applicable
- 2 professional references
- Contact information
- US Address: iNECS based in Beijing China
Minnesota Office Based down town Minneapolis
730 E 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407.
- China Address:
International Education Connection & Solutions
9th floor, MOOC building, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China Zipcode:100190